Modernizing the Green Industry
Eastern Turf Maintenance, a Green Group Company, is evoking value, pride, and trust for associates and customers alike. We provide recurring property services for customers with an end-to-end approach, re-imagining the customer and team experience by leveraging technology to create efficiencies and delight.
Develop a scalable platform backed with an extraordinary team that will enable the company to grow organic revenue during periods of both economic expansion and contraction.
Are you ready to learn? (Entry Level)
As an Eastern Turf Maintenance “Yardner” we will train you to provide exceptional and timely lawn/landscape applications to residential or commercial customers. Yardners do not need to have experience in lawn maintenance we will train you the Eastern Turf Way.
Using the latest technology, you will provide the best customer service experience by making timely lawn applications. Yardners will be groomed on products, services, communication skills, diagnosing, and correcting landscape problems. You will be trained on production, invoicing, sales, call log and many other landscape needs to provide a world-class customer service experience resulting in growth of the customer base and customer delight.
This position is focused on completing daily production goals. This position requires a valid driver’s license.
What we need from you…
• High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1-year related experience and/or training in agronomy or horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state, or local government
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required.
Down to brass tacks…
1. Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
2. Drives company vehicle to customer location.
3. Responds on a timely basis to customer requests for telephone and in-person service visits.
4. Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
5. Assists in sales to current customers through multiple channels.
6. Measures the lawn of potential customers to provide them with an accurate cost of lawn care service.
7. Performs a daily three-minute, 360-degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return.
8. Completes production reports, new sales forms, customer invoice forms, daily vehicle inspection report, and cancel/skip notices as required daily.
9. Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
10. Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
What makes you a good fit…
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
The job perks:
• Health Care • Dental
• Retirement Plan (401k, IRA) Employer match Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays) • Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Training & Development
• Empowered Culture
The day to day…
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently • Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions, which may include extreme cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
Eastern Turf Maintenance, a Green Group Company, is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.